As a team, Rita LaMoreaux and Dave Corrie can cover all your small nonprofit and business needs. Both have over 25 years of experience in small nonprofits and office management. Whether it is starting up your organization or administering the day-to-day operations, they have been right were you are now!
With a twenty-year history of helping others start their nonprofits, Rita LaMoreaux knows what it takes to get a nonprofit and company up and running. Recently, Rita was the Government Affairs and Young Agent Specialist for the Michigan Association of Insurance Agents and Administrator of Insuring MI Future. Prior to that she worked at MIRS News Service and Turner-Dodge House in Lansing.Rita has an Associate’s Degree in Humanities from Lansing Community College, a Bachelor’s in Liberal Arts and a Master’s in Public Administration with a Nonprofit Concentration from Western Michigan University.Giving back to her community is important to Rita. She is on the boards of the Delta-Waverly Rotary Club, Rotary District 6360, Delta Township Historical Society, Lansing Community College Alumni Committee Capital Area College Access Network and Association of Fundraising Professionals, Capital Region.
- Certified in DISC+Values – Institute Success
- Certified Meeting Planner – Convention Industry Council Designation
- Life and Health Insurance Producer License – State of Michigan •
- Property and Casualty Insurance Producer License – State of Michigan
- Notary Public – State of Michigan, Eaton County
• Rotarian of the Year, 2018 – Delta-Waverly Rotary Club
• National Young Agent Liaison of the Year, 2017 – Insurance Agents and Brokers of America
• Nominated for Citizen of the Year, 2007 – Delta Township, Michigan
Volunteer • Capitol Area College Access Network, Lansing, MI – Board Member • Delta Township Historical Society, Delta Township, MI – President, Founder • Delta-Waverly Rotary Club, Delta Township, MI – Treasurer, Past President • Lansing Community College Alumni Association Committee, Lansing, MI – Board member• Rotary District 6360 – Assistant Governor, Area 13
Dave Corrie has a degree in Human Resources from Michigan State University and has been active in the membership organization field for nearly 30 years.
Dave has served in many aspects of this field including working with contracts, dispute resolution, member relations, internal and external communications, general office administration, technology, and event planning. As a proven public speaker, he has spoken to many groups of various sizes.
• Life and Health Insurance Producer License – State of Michigan
Qualifications and Skills
- Presentations to small and medium sized groups
- Coordinator of Annual Golf Outing benefiting a scholarship fund
- Proactive in managing conflicts with member relations
- Print and electronic communication
- Social Media
- Political campaigns
- Training and coordination of member events
- Publishing of the monthly newsletter and other publication materials
- Survey development for member relations
- Volunteer coordination
- Office administration
- Meeting and conference planning
- Hotel contract negotiations
- Computer technology, including building and maintaining Windows based computers, and video conferencing
- Small office establishment
What We Do For Fun!
Rita LaMoreaux has spent the last 30 years as a professional seamstress and tailor specializing in formal dresses. Historical travel has been a great love. She has been all over the east coast of the United States and Canada and almost all of the Western European Countries and Iceland. Her latest passion is gardening. Downtime consists of watching Masterpiece Theater.
Dave Corrie is a WWII Historian. He is a military re-enactor with the First Infantry Division, 16th Infantry Regiment of Southeast Michigan. He re-enacts and does living history presentations for World War II, Korean and Vietnam Wars. He also enjoys hockey and is a Big Ten Off-Ice Official for Michigan State Hockey.